Having existed out of cans and boxes for most of my 30 years, it is no great surprise that I frequently ate and enjoyed Campbell’s soup. At first it was just the condensed chicken and stars soup but then I grew up and discovered the cream of varieties. Cream of mushroom was my favorite and there was always a handy little recipe on the back promising a quick and tasty dinner. I quickly became very fond of making these mostly casserole dishes with cream of mushroom, chicken and celery soups.
While I realize that the cream of mushroom soup is off limits because mushrooms are prohibited on the candida diet I wondered if I could find a recipe for the other two. I did find a great homemade cream of chicken soup recipe and was able to adapt it to make it candida diet friendly. I quickly hurried over to the Campbell’s Kitchen Website to explore some new recipes. I decided on this Chicken and Rice Bake which is traditionally made with Cream of Mushroom soup but I figured the cream of chicken would work just as well. So here it is. A yeast friendly take on a Campbell’s classic.
- ½ the amount that the homemade cream of chicken soup recipe yields
- 1½ cup water
- ¾ cup uncooked regular long-grain brown rice
- ¼ teaspoon paprika
- 4 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves (about 1 pound)
- Stir the soup, water, rice and paprika in a 2-quart shallow baking dish.
- Top with the chicken. Add additional seasoning if desired. Cover the baking dish with aluminum foil and Bake at 375°F. for 45 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through and the rice is tender.
Recipe adapted from Campbell’s Kitchen One Dish Chicken and Rice BakePAID ENDORSEMENT DISCLOSURE: In order for me to support my blogging activities, I may receive monetary compensation or other types of remuneration for my endorsement, recommendation, testimonial and/or link to any products or services from this blog.