I really enjoy egg salad and I missed it the first time I went on the candida diet. I was forced to give egg salad up back then because I could not find a mayonnaise in the supermarket without vinegar and/or sugar. I felt like I would just have to do without it, so I did. This was of course before I knew how to make yeast free mayonnaise and now things have changed a bit. I have mastered the yeast free mayonnaise recipe and in doing so brought things such as egg salad back into my world. My egg salad recipe is really simple so if you are looking for an exotic egg salad then this is probably not it. I use very few ingredients which is a good rule to follow when creating your candida diet meals. The ingredients I suggest should just be added to taste because everyone seems to like their egg salad slightly different, so I did not want to suggest any concrete measurements. The following is my basic yeast free egg salad recipe and I have provided the link to the yeast free mayonnaise recipe which makes this egg salad possible on the diet which is great for lunch or even a quick dinner. I hope that you enjoy it!
- 8 eggs hard boiled and peeled
- ¼ cup yeast free mayonnaise
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon paprika
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- In a large coverable bowl add eggs and chop in small pieces
- Add mayonnaise to bowl and mix thoroughly (If you need to add more mayonnaise do so in small spoonfuls. Mix after each spoonful until you reach desired consistency)
- Add sea salt, pepper and paprika to taste
- Cover bowl and place in the refrigerator for at least 1 hour
- Serve on rice cakes, yeast free gluten free tortilla or brown rice crackers
PAID ENDORSEMENT DISCLOSURE: In order for me to support my blogging activities, I may receive monetary compensation or other types of remuneration for my endorsement, recommendation, testimonial and/or link to any products or services from this blog.